From family papers:
- Nov. 1863 At 6 Argyle Place, Edinburgh, on the 4th inst, the wife of Captain Geddes, 76th Regiment, of a son [i.e. JOHN GODON GEDDES]
- Mar 1832 On the 27th. inst. at St Margaret's Church, Westminster, Lieutenant Colonel JOHN GEDDES, of the Unattached Half-pay, to Miss AGDELINA HESSING of Stockwell, Surrey, daughter of the late Colonel GEORGE WILLIAM HESSING of Deegah, near Patna, in the east Indies.
Edinburgh Courant - June 1860 Married, at 28 Hamilton Place, on the 18th instant, by the Rev. R.B. Thomson, Spott, JAMES A. VERNOR, Esq, Carberry, Hillhead, to MARGARET, only daughter of A.GORDON GEDDES, Esq.
18 Sept.1862 At St. Peter's Episcopal Chapel, Lutton Place, Newington Edinburgh, on the 17th inst., by the Rev. G.H. Forbes, Captain JOHN GEDDES, 76th Regiment, to MADELINE MARY, eldest daughter of the late J.A.HESSING, Esq.
- Feb 1821 Died, at Panmure house, Cannongate,on the 1st inst., Mrs MARGARET GEDDES, wife of Mr. JOHN GEDDES [evidently an Edinburgh newspaper]
- - 1824 On the 21st July last, at Accra, West Coast of Africa, Assistant Surgeon ALEXANDER MACKAY GEDDES,M.D., yongest son of JOHN GEDDES,Esq., Edinburgh
- Aug 1830 At Newington, Edinburgh, on the 27th alt., JOHN GEDDES, Esq, in the 78th year of his life. [This is John Geddes III]
- Sept. 1850 Died at No. 7, Henderson Row, on the 12th inst., MARION FAULDS, wife of ADAM GORDON GEDDES, Esq.
Edinburgh Courant, 6 Jan 1857 Died at No 15, Salisbury Road, Newington (Edinburgh) on the 1st inst, MADELINE, only daughter of the late Colonel GEORGE HESSING & wife of Major-General JOHN GEDDES, K.H., formerly of the 27th Enniskillen (Inniskilling) Regt & 10th Veteren Battalion. Friends are requested to accept this intimation.
Belfast Evening Telegraph, Thursday, December 27, 1888
Belfast Evening Telegraph, Friday, December 28, 1888
© Jo Edkins 2014 - Return to Geddes index