History of 165 Gwydir Street
See History of Gwydir Street and Buildings in Gwydir Street.
From Capturing Cambridge:
HISTORY OF 165 GWYDIR STREET
1881: space for one house
1913: building plot
(CWN 8.4.1982) The house, a highly individual looking residence was built in 1936 by John Kent, a slater and tiler who lived next door at Bahia Cottage, no 167 ….. on retirement Mr Kent built himself a house on the site of his slater’s yard, the front of which had been used as an advertising hoarding.
According to Pat Motherwell: Mr Kent left a lot of the slates behind at the bottom of the garden – the patio in front of the house is composed of cast-off slate slabs.
Miss E H Kent
Moved here from 160 Gwydir Street
Main index - Buildings and houses in Gwydir Street.