index

History of 66 Gwydir Street

See History of Gwydir Street and Buildings in Gwydir Street.



Robert S. Watts, carman, lived in 66 Gwydir St in 1913 (see Spalding's Directory).


From owners of 129 Hemingford Rd, detached housed next to entrance to Romsey Red, though in 1897 this was a field.

The deeds to our house say that the land was drawn up on 25th June 1897 between Joseph Sturton of 1 Park Terrace, Cambridge and Henry Alfred Chapman of 66 Gwydir Street. Henry Chapman, a house painter, owned and lived in 129 Hemingford Rd with his wife Emma and daughter Maud from around this time.



From Capturing Cambridge:

HISTORY OF 66 GWYDIR STREET

1881:
Priscilla Lambert, head, 62, widow, housekeeper, b Norfolk
William F, son, 24, carpenter and joiner, b Norfolk
Ernest A, son, 21, stonemason, b Norfolk

1891:
Henry A Chapman, head, 22, house painter, b Cambridge
Emma, wife, 23, b London
Maud, daughter, 3, b Cambridge

[Henry Chapman later lived at 129 Hemingford Road]

1901:
William A Parker, 25, police constable, b Histon
Elizabeth A, 23, b Cambridge
Horace A, 6 mos, b Cambridge

1911:
Robert S Watts, 55, carman, b Cambridge
Harriett A, 50, b Cambridge
Lillian M, 24, tailoress, b Cambridge
Arthur L, 21, tailor, b Cambridge
Hilda M, granddaughter, 7 mos, b Cambridge

1913:
Robert S Watts, carman

1939:
Charles Sanderson, b 1890, passenger guard
Gertrude, b 1889
?
?
Sarah Burrows, b 1859, OAP

1962:
Charles Sanderson


Main index - Buildings and houses in Gwydir Street.